RMG In-Line Wire Drawers
RMG In-Line Wire Drawers
RMG’s In-Line wire processing equipment is being used to make many products including appliance racks, shelving, steel bar processing, threaded rod, store displays (POP), furniture, cages and automotive parts. In-Line Wire Drawing lowers material and manufacturing costs in addition to improving productivity and product quality. Our drawers are feeding finished wire directly into Straighten and Cut machines, CNC benders, Multi-Slide, and Cold Forming machines.
RMG provides integrated systems for the processing of hot-rolled rod into descaled and drawn wire that is regularly used in a variety of production machines and processes to reduce material cost.
Benefits and Advantages of RMG Wire Drawers
- Lower Material Costs: Saving in production costs, because pickled and limed rod, semi-finished or hot rolled wire is used instead of finish drawn wire. This provides your company with a competitive edge to improve profits.
- Just-In-Time Inventory: Inventory reduction, with the use of fewer basic wire diameters many different finish sizes can be achieved. By reducing the number of finish sizes you stock, your company reduces total material costs. In addition, you improve your flexibility and responsiveness per your customers’ changing requirements.
- Exact Diameter Control: You pay by the pound but sell by the part. An In-Line wire drawer provides perfect, tight tolerance, wire at the point of use. This provides for coil to coil consistency. The cast and quality of your material is now optimum for feeding into your production equipment, allowing for repeatable setups and superior straightness of the wire.
- Improved Metal Formability: Freshly drawn wire is easier to straighten or form. In-Line wire drawing eliminates “age hardening” and handling damage problems that are prevalent with the off-line wire drawing process.
- Improved Tooling Life: Parts produced using In-Line wire drawing require less force, thereby improving tooling life.
- Improved Wire Conditions: In-Line wire drawing provides a constant flow of Clean and Controlled wire to the production machine, the wire has no time to oxidize, deteriorate or be damaged from sitting in inventory waiting for production. Even with the best handling practices of finished wire, it can have imperfections from the recoiling process and transportation. When off-line drawn wire is recoiled the cast, condition and quality of the wire is compromised. Surface and substrate imperfections, from the recoiling process, introduce variations in the production process.
- Elimination of Short Feeds: RMG In-Line wire drawers provide a “storage loop” of wire and isolate the weight of the coil from the feed system of the production machine. Our wire drawing machine matches the production machines wire requirements, keeping a constant supply of “load free” wire always available.
- Reduction in Downtime: Larger, heavier coils can be utilized. The wire drawer is a huge winch capable of pulling the heaviest of wire coils. By isolating this weight of the coil from the feed system of the production machine, your operators can set the feed pressure for the correct operation of the production machine without concerning themselves with the weight of the coil.
At A Glance
RMG’s In-Line Wire Drawers are built to our customer’s specific application. Area of reduction, grade and tensile strength of material and production speeds determine the capacity of the machines. Please contact RMG for unique applications.
Options for All Configurations of RMG Wire Drawers
Contact RMG’s experienced sales staff to discover which RMG machine is right for your applications.