Lewis Wire Straightening and Cutting Machines
Lewis Stationary Cut
The Lewis Machine Stationary Cut Series of wire straighten and cut line has been the backbone of the wire products industry for over 100 years.
Since 1911 Lewis Machines have been built to provide many years of reliable wire processing service. RMG has continued this tradition with innovative improvements such as our patented “Clutchless” cutters, digital arbor and feed speed meters and pneumatic feed roll pressure, while maintaining the same long-serving, robust, proven design. Our new Lewis Machine wire straightening and cutting equipment offers variable speed arbors, superior ease and repeatability of setups, less maintenance and years of dependable service. Our Lewis Machine wire processing line covers a wire diameter range of 0.030″(0.76mm) – 0.875″(22.0mm).
- Lewis Machine is the right choice for your higher tensile material
- Independently adjustable variable frequency AC drive with clutchless cutoff
- Auto cycle control of cutter for improved productivity of short part lengths
- Variable-speed, (4) roll feed heads: Exit feed head [0/1SHVF, 3/5SV16], Entrance and Exit feed heads [3SV8 – 6SV8]
- Arbor, cutter and feed head powered by independent AC variable frequency drives and premium efficiency motors
- No interconnecting transmission components
- Belt drive on all motors: no chains and lubrication are required
- Hardened Guide and Clapper Bars available
- Hardened D-2 material for feed rolls, cutoff die and knife
- Entry wire guide assembly with lubrication box
- Safety guarding for all critical areas
- Positive stop release slide gauging assembly (See Options for Micro-Fine Adjustable Release Mechanism)
- Programmable safety shut down timer, stops machine if a feeding problem restricts wire and reduces scrap
- Programmable parts batch counter, stops machine when desired number of cut parts is reached
At A Glance
Shared Features for All Configurations of Lewis Straighten and Cut Machines
Do you have the proper wire payoff? How can inline drawing lower your material cost?
Contact RMG’s experienced sales staff to discover which RMG machine is right for your applications.