Rockford Manufacturing Group ( RMG ) provides a challenging and rewarding work environment. We build a diverse, talented workforce by employing people with the right mix of knowledge, skills, experience and education to help us achieve success in our chosen markets. We are committed to helping you achieve your career and personal goals.
At RMG we consider ourselves members of a greater team. Each day, we apply our knowledge and our resources to create systems that perform under incredible demands. We solve, improve and address the challenges our customers face, and ultimately deliver solutions that are an essential part of the technology that change the world.
RMG provides an exceptional work environment and class leading pay and benefits, including medical and dental coverage, 401K company matching, vacation and advancement opportunities.
Position reports to V.P. Finance for this small, privately held OEM. Excellent opportunity to
demonstrate your knowledge in all aspects of accounting including GL, AR, AP, Payroll,
Cost Accounting, Fixed Assets.
• General ledger account maintenance / reconciliation.
• Prepare various journal entries.
• Gross margin preparation and review.
• Annual budget preparation.
• Prepare fiscal year-end audit work papers.
• Standard cost setting for purchased parts and subcontract operations.
• Review accounts receivable invoice processing.
• Review accounts payable invoice processing.
• Advance billing preparation and calendar maintenance.
• Oversee accounts receivable collections.
• Perform customer credit checks.
• Review cash receipts entries.
• PayPal invoicing for credit card customers.
• Oversee weekly payroll processing.
• Maintain employee payroll / benefits records.
• Payroll tax reconciliations.
• 401(k) annual census preparation.
• Recurring and one-time projects throughout the year.
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• BS in Accounting with a desire to obtain CPA certification.
• Manufacturing accounting experience, 5 years minimum.
• Strong attention to detail and well organized.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to work in a confidential manner.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Experience with Epicor ERP software and ADP Workforce Now software a plus.
CNC Mazak Machinist / Programmer
Join our 1st shift team, 6:30 am – 3:00 pm Must have a minimum of 3-5 years as a full Setup / Operate / Program Machinist Mazak machines.
• Set up, Program and Run Mazak CNC’s.
• Understand and select correct tooling.
• Produce parts within required tolerances and specifications.
• Ensure the CNC Machine is operating at the highest level of productivity appropriate to the assigned project.
• Review set up sheets and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence and dimensions.
• Assemble cutting tools in tool holders and position in machine spindles as specified using hand tools or insert cutting tools.
• Measure work piece for conformance to specification using measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicator and gages.
• Adjust machine speeds and feeds and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications.
• Responsible for keeping work area clean and neat.
Minimum Skills Requirements:
• Must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience and knowledge on Lathe Machinery.
• Must be familiar with Mazak, and Mazatrol controls.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate fluently in English.
• Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
• Finger and hand dexterity.
• Frequent reaching, bending.
• Standing, walking 100% of the time.
Shipping / Receiving
Join our 1st shift team.
• Compare identifying information and counts, weights, or measures, items of incoming and outgoing shipment to accurately verify information against bill of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
• Will assemble containers to pack components and parts using separators, spacers, and protective films and padding where required to protect shipments.
• Safely operate lift truck, hand truck, and roller tables to move incoming materials to various departments.
• Pick-up/deliver items using company vehicle as required.
• Maintain a clean, safe, organized working environment within the facility .
• Will expedite the flow of materials to and from various departments.
• Visually check incoming materials for damage.
• Move and locate material throughout the warehouse/production area.
• Assist with physical inventory count.
• Process receiving and shipping documentation correctly and timely.
• Experience with shipping UPS World Ship, Fed-Ex, DHL, Freight domestic & international.
• Picking and packing orders.
• Complete pick lists and move tickets.
• Basic knowledge on Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Experience with hand tools and building wooden crates.
• A minimum of two to three years` experience in inventory control and shipping/ receiving.
• Knowledge in general purchasing, shipping and receiving and inventory control procedures. Able to read, write, spell and verbally communicate clearly in English.
• High School Graduate or Equivalent.
• ERP data base systems are a plus.
• Full use of all senses, including physically able to stand continually, crouch, bend, reach, walk, climb, and maneuver around racking/shelving, repair equipment and service areas. Should be physically able to lift 75-80lbs during job duties.
Join our 1st shift team, 6:30 am – 3:00 pm. The Manual Machinist will set up and operate Mills, Lathes, Drills and Surface Grinders, gage and approve part quality, perform any required secondary operations and communicate essential information to the production leader or supervisor.
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent education.
• Ability to read, follow and understand prints, manufacturing instructions and quality plans.
• Ability to follow verbal and written work instructions.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of work situations.
• Mathematical ability - basic math calculations (addition, subtractions, multiplication and division), work with whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Able to stand for long periods at a time.
• Able to safely lift 70 lbs.
• Good manual dexterity.
• Machinist tools.
• Overhead crane operation.
• Manual machines.
• Basic computer use.
Junior Mechanical Designer
Our Engineering Group is seeking a creative designer with experience in the design of machinery. The successful candidate will work in a team environment to develop both standard and custom machine designs and associated engineering drawings to satisfy our customer’s requirements. Typical projects include ferrous wire processing machinery, including; wire drawing machines, wire straightening and cutting machines, wire payoff machinery and customized machinery.
The ideal candidate would be able to design at the detailed level and problem solve at the system level. Motivated by challenging tasks, and continued learning/self-improvement; talented in conceiving and creating solutions; proficient with best-practice implementation of commercially available componentry. A team player with good articulation, technical writing ability, and clearly communicates design intent onto drawings. Coordination of design and bills of material with internal and external resources through to project completion. Ability to maintain electronic and paper documentation current and complete. Willingness to develop competency with design-team leadership and task planning, inter-disciplinary coordination, equipment integration, build and start-up procedures. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Desire to interact with colleagues, work with customers, and assist with the marketing to help capture of new design opportunities. The candidate will regularly interface with manufacturing, production, electrical, purchasing and sales internally in the course of project development.
• Working knowledge of machine components including; materials, fastening or joining techniques, mechanical fabrication & machining processes, pneumatics & hydraulics systems.
• Have skills in or willing to develop skills in general dimensioning & tolerancing, drafting standards, codes, safety, automation, mechanical and electrical trouble-shooting.
• Experience with a 3D tool like Inventor, SolidWorks, Creo or NX.
• Familiar with VF drives and PLCs.
• Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Self-directed but willing to take direction when it is needed, practical, able to perform machine design endeavors from concept to completion.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the design of machines or mechanisms.
Applicants with a disability as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act who may require an accommodation by expressing interest in employment with RMG may make such a request.
It is RMG’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, and disability, veteran’s status, marital status, genetic information, or other protected class, and to base all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity.
Our policy applies to every aspect of employment, advancement, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, compensation, benefits, training, development, and working conditions. It is actively implemented at RMG. Also, it is RMG’s policy to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities to proficiently perform the essential functions of their jobs.